Our son has Asperger's Sydrome, and had struggled with behavioral problems in two different schools over a three year period. John was able to see beyond his problems to his amazing strengths, and made it a personal mission to get him into a school where he could thrive.
The Integrative Neuropsych Center of NYC specializes in the assessment and treatment of learning, developmental and emotional disorders. Click here for Services offered.
Specializing in the diagnosis and remediation of issues related to:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Inattentive, Hyperactive and Combined Types
- Autism spectrum disorders (including Asperger's, High functioning autism and otherwise twice exceptional individuals)
- Depression, and other mood-related issues
- Emotional disturbance, conduct disorder and oppositional defiant disorder
- Learning disorders, including disorders of reading, math and writing
- Nonverbal Learning Disability (NVLD)
- Seizure disorder, cerebral palsy and/or otherwise medically complex
- Speech-language impairment (receptive, expressive and mixed receptive-expressive)
- Traumatic Brain Injury and/or Sports Concussion Management
Dr. John Ferrera's Relevant Education and Experience:
- Received doctorate from the Clinical Neuropsychology Ph.D. subprogram of the CUNY Graduate Center/Queens College, which features a dual-track of Neuropsychological assessment and basic neuroscience research.
- Completed several clinical Externships throughout the tri-state area, a yearlong predoctoral Internship on the pediatric unit of Rusk institute at NYU Langone Medical Center, and a two-year postdoctoral training placement at the Brooklyn Learning Center.
- Served as the Director of Psychology and coordinator of support services (i.e. Speech, Occupational and Physical Therapies) at the Child School on Roosevelt Island.
Please call 917 300-8006 or send a message to ask a question or to schedule a free phone consultation.
©Copyright 2014, Integrative Neuropsychological Services PLLC